“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Beautiful words...

I love words. I love what words can do when placed "just right" in a sentence. I love the way words can instill hope, inspire bravery, bring tears of grief or of happiness. Without words, and the people who loved words in history, we would not have the word of God preserved for us in the Bible. Last evening I took the time to just browse the web to read some words. I found words that moved me to literally sob, sometimes in sorrow and sometimes with profound understanding. I read words that inspired me to achieve greatness and to create beauty and to work harder. I saved hundreds and thousands of those words. Tonight I am sharing some of the words that touched my heart deeply, so deeply that they cried out for me to share them with you.

Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. Look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true. Think only of the best, work only for the best,and expect only the best. Forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future. Give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others. Live in the faith that the whole world is on your side so long as you are true to the best that is in you! ~Christian D. Larson

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food. The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation. The traveler left, rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime. But a few days later he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

"I've been thinking," he said, "I know how valuable the stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me the stone." ~Author Unknown

Be still and know that I am God. Psalms 46:8

When GOD had made the earth and sky, the flowers and the trees, He then made all the animals and the birds and bees.

And when His work was finished and not one was quite the same, He said, "I'll walk this earth of mine and give each one a name".
And so He traveled land and sea, and everywhere He went, a little creature followed Him until its strength was spent. When all were named upon the earth and in the sky and sea, the little creature said: "Dear Lord, there's no name left for me!".

The Father smiled and softly said, "I've left you to the end, I've turned my own name back to front and called you dog, my friend." ~author unknown

Age does not diminish the extreme disappointment of having a scoop of ice cream fall from the cone. ~Jim Fiebig

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~The Holy Bible, John 15:13

There is a garden in every childhood, an enchanted place where colors are brighter, the air softer, and the morning more fragrant than ever again. ~Elizabeth Lawrence

He carried his childhood like a hurt warm bird held to his middle-aged breast. ~Herbert Gold

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan
Free Signature Generator

3 comments:

Neabear said...

First I want to thank you for visiting my pink Saturday post. I enjoyed your pink Saturday too. Too cute. I hope you are still enjoying pretending it is spring with no snow outside. We have no snow here, but been having lots of rain which is a good thing. But today there was a break in the storms.

Anonymous said...

Your words moved me....
Thank you Mimi!
Love, Marilyn

SweetAnnee said...

Wonderful words..all them
and yes words can change
a life..

love