* 1 (18.25-ounce) box devil's food cake mix
* 1 1/3 cups black cherry soda
* 1/2 cup vegetable oil
* 3 eggs
* 1 container vanilla frosting
* 2 teaspoons cherry extract
* 1 to 2 drops pink food coloring
* 24 whole maraschino cherries with stems
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two (12-cup) muffin tins with paper liners.
In a large bowl combine cake mix, soda, vegetable oil and eggs. Using a hand mixer combine all ingredients, batter will still be somewhat lumpy. Pour batter into muffin cups. Bake 19 to 22 minutes, turning the pans halfway through baking. Remove to a rack and allow to cool completely.
In a large bowl combine frosting, extract and pink food coloring. When cupcakes are cool ice with pink cherry frosting and top each with maraschino cherry.
Be sure to stop by Beverly's HOW SWEET THE SOUND to check out all of the wonderful blogs that participate in PINK SATURDAY. If you ♥ pink it's the place to be today!