“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Friday, February 27, 2009

If your walls could talk, what do you think they would say?


What would your walls say about you if they could talk? If someone walked into your home when you weren't there and walked from room to room, what do you think your walls would say to them?

This one is on the wall to my family room. A little reminder to the parents that Mimi keeps all the secrets told to her when the grandbabies are here for a sleep-over!

The other day I was cleaning and realized that my walls would be able to speak for me if a stranger came into my home and took the time to read my walls. How about you? Do your walls talk about you and share how you feel about life, family, your home or faith?


Think about it. I just bet that you'd be surprised at what you discover.


Free Signature Generator

6 comments:

Nola said...

What a great thing to think about. I just walked through my house; I see a little about my life there, but not nearly enough. Right now, unfortunately, my walls are probably saying "finish us already!"

Four Paws and Co said...

Mimi, You have some good ones! Bumble bees, dogs & cats are so cute! My walls say "finish painting us"! We have quite a few Thomas Kinkade paintings too. I love his houses and hubby loves the mountain scenes. ♥ Diane

Kristie R said...

"there's no place like home"

I posted some of my wall decorations http://thegatormom.blogspot.com/2009/02/some-of-my-favorite-things.html

Anonymous said...

I love the quilt and I love the colors of your blog. Very pretty, cosy and smart. :o)

Barbara Jean said...

Those signs are wonderful

Blessings
Barbara Jean

Oh, I'm not sure i even signed many last comment to you. Too upset about losing that tutorial!!

The Muse said...

I love all your signage or pictures thereof... :) I adore words (surprise! LOL) and yes I do have them scattered all about The Painted Nest :)