“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to my dad...wish you were here

Vincent Joseph, 1911 - 1999
He never missed a Veteran's Day to put flags on the graves

My dad, the man responsible for my birth. The man who sheltered me from many storms and who created a few storms for me to survive. I miss you. I miss our weekend phone calls. I miss you calling me, "little girl" when you thought I needed some of your advice. I even miss you telling me that I didn't know what I was doing and to listen to your solution to my problems. You fought in World War II becoming a part of the Greatest Generation. You became history. You are my history. I always loved you and I love you still.

Happy Father's Day

9 comments:

Sara Chapman said...

My condolences on the untimely loss of your dad. Always too soon!

And of course, love the paean to pink below. The pink tongue is the cutest! Thanks so much for visiting my pink flowers.

Anonymous said...

A beautiful post and I am sure that he knows :)))

Lisa said...

Very beautiful! Your Father is with you! Mine died in 1977 when I was just 9. I did a really bad job of trying to get pics on the computer so I'll work on it for next time!
Happy Father's Day!
Hugs,Lisa

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Mimi, I am sooooo loving your blog's new look! It seems ages since I have been here to visit and I am so sorry. Not ignoring you, just having a hard time keeping up with all that life dishes out on a daily basis. Love the music in your background too, just my kind of theme!! A Summer Place!! Love it, and you have me over here humming and singing like a fool!! :-) It was always one of my favorites songs. Anyway, love the post in tribute to your father. I miss my Dad too, gone now some 14 years but his memory still so deep in my heart. Mom was the care giver, but Dad was the support in my life! I will read through your other posts, I feel like I need to get caught up on a lot. Work and family just keeping me on the run and away from all the fun things in life, like blogging! :-) ciao and a happy Sunday, and Happy Father's Day to you, hugs, debby

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Mimi; What a beautiful and loving tribute to your Dad. He sounded like a wonderful man. I am sure he is very proud of you... My daddy passed 4 yrs ago, I miss him so very much.....

Hugs;
Alaura

Charlene said...

I am so glad you shared this post with us! Yes, it is sad when we loose our heros! I miss my dear sweet Daddy everyday. I have tried not think about the hole he has left in my world. Five years...
feels like forever! But, weren't we blessed to have had such special ones?

Deanna said...

You dad must have been a special kind of man. It's an awesome job setting out those flags of remembrance for the ones who served. I love his picture.

You are just blowing me away with your backgrounds lately! Wow, they have been some of the most beautiful one's I've ever seen! I changed my background the other day but I'm still having a hard time adjusting to it...lol! It's really hard to find a background that has a white or a very light center.

Have a wonderful week,
Deanna :D

Shelley said...

Sweet tribute to your father! I can see what a kind smile he has in that photo!

Kay said...

You wrote every word I thought ... I'm certain he is still with you...