If just reading this recipe doesn't cause your cholestrol to hit the ceiling - then this soup is FOR YOU. I don't make it often, but when I do I treasure each and every little sip and sniff. The aroma is remarkable and it is so, so pretty in a bowl with steam swirling around it like early morning fog. You're gonna ♥ this. I promise!
- 5 cups potatoes, diced into small cubes
- 1-1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed (don't use generic)
- 1/4 cup butter
- pepper to taste
- 8 strips bacon (get the good stuff), fried, diced and well drained
Add remaining ingredients and simmer, stirring until all are incorporated and it is slightly bubbly.
I served this with a big green salad and some garlic toast.