- Lists. If I couldn't make a list I think I'd spin around my kitchen most of the day not knowing what to do or who to call or what appointment to keep. It isn't age that is driving me to produce a list every morning - I've been doing that since I was in my 20s - it's genetics☺ My mom was a list maker and so was my dad. I came upon my list fetish honestly.
- ATM machines. For most of my life I never used one. For years after they became a prominent fixture outside every bank and inside most large malls I still didn't use one. But then one day I told myself that I had just better get with the program. After I found out how easy they were to use I hardly walk into my bank doors anymore.
- Online banking and bill paying. I just love using those services. In the winter when the weather is really rough I can sit inside my home watching the latest blizzard pile the snow high and make deposits, transfers and pay bills. No more stamps - a savings in itself given the fact that the cost of a stamp is now hovering on fifty cents.
- My digital camera. My gosh, I remember buying film, taking numerous photos (hoping one would look good) and waiting for them to come back me developed. You would have to pay for all of them back then. What was in that envelope was yours even if it looked like Godzilla married your Cocker Spaniel. Now, heck, shoot a million to get that perfect photo and just delete the rest. You don't even have to take them anywhere to be put to paper - print it at home or send it over the internet to Walgreen's or Walmart. What a convenience.
- My doorbells. If I didn't have those little wonders I'd never know when I had a package to collect or a friend to invite inside my home. You see, I have dogs, big dogs, but usually they are with me - just about melding to my body - so if I'm not near the door they don't hear someone trying to get my attention, they don't bark - they're too busy hanging around half an inch from me snooper-vising whatever I am doing at the time. I think they want to know if what I'm up to involves food☺
Monday, November 09, 2009
Monday. Time to hit the ground running. Loads of little things to get accomplished around here today. So many tasks that my son, Jeff, will be dropping by to help and to have lunch with his mom. It isn't all that often that he and I get to spend time alone together or that he has a day off during the week. Usually when we see each other the boys and his wife are with him and that's just fine with me, but sometimes a mom wants to just be with her son☺ After all that's how we started out - just me and my boy.