- Alarm clocks that wake you up to soothing music and not a blaring ring or mind-numbing buzz like they did when I was a kid. What a miserable way to begin a day - with a horrible noise blasting you in the ears.
- My fenced backyard. When still foggy from the night's sleep all I have to do is wander down the steps and open the back door for my dogs to pile outside to do their morning duty. I don't even have to use my brain - other than to remember that I shouldn't follow them to do my duty☺
- Warm water and scented soap to wash the night's sleep from my eyes. When I was growing up there were a few bar soaps on the market but certainly none in the remarkable scents that we take for granted now-a-days. Lemons, cherries, oatmeal, mint, mango - you name it and it will be on a store shelf for you to purchase and enjoy.
- My nose and the fact that it is sniffing at 100%☺ I'll stand for what seems like hours in store isles checking out fabric softeners, candles, perfumes, soaps and anything else that has a cap I can take off. I'll whiffle and sniffle the various potions trying to decide whether or not I should put it into my cart. When my first grandchild, Joey, was born one of the first things we did when he'd go shopping with me was sniff bubble bath and hand cream and perfume. We'd have such a great time wrinkling our noses at the awful smells and sharing with each other the good smells. He wasn't even two years old but he got the hang of the game in a heartbeat!
- My kitchen radio. It's just about the first thing I pop on after the dogs have gone out the back door for their business doing☺ My parents had a radio in the kitchen so it just seems like something you should have in there - like a stove and fridge. Early on Sunday morning there was a Polka station they would tune into while eating breakfast and drinking their coffee. I have fond memories of my dad pushing his chair from the table, grabbing my mom and the two of them twirling around dancing to those polka tunes. For the past couple of days I've listed five things but today I MUST add one more.
- Good, happy memories and the fact that I can still close my eyes and see my parents dancing or remember Joey and I opening lotion bottles and sniffing to our ♥s content.
Thursday, November 05, 2009
I can't believe that it is Thursday already! My gosh, where in the world did the time go? I know I was here every morning and throughout the day, but sometimes I look back and wonder what in the world I accomplished. With that in mind, these are the blessings I am thankful for today: