Sunday, December 13, 2009
No time? Need to keep little hands busy? These little cutie pies will take care of both - and MORE. My grandsons will be here for a sleepover soon and guess what we're gonna do☺ BUT, you don't have to be a child to make these - all you have to be is a child at ♥.
* 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
* 64 small pretzel twists
* 64 semisweet chocolate chips (about 1/4 cup)
* 16 gumdrops, cut in half
1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough; work flour into dough until well blended. Shape roll of cookie dough into triangle-shaped log. (If dough is too soft to cut, place in freezer 30 minutes.)
2. With thin sharp knife, cut dough into 32 (1/4-inch-thick) triangular slices; place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
4. Frost cookies with frosting. Place 2 pretzel twists on each triangle near corners for antlers. Lightly press 2 chocolate chips into each cookie for eyes and 1 halved gumdrop for nose. Store between sheets of waxed paper in tightly covered container.