“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chocolate dipped crazy pretzel sticks...you're gonna ♥ these like crazy!

Chocolate dipped crazy pretzel sticks...you're gonna ♥ these like crazy!

Dip, dunk, drizzle and sprinkle as you please. Fantastically easy and fun to make, these delicious sweetly salty snacks will have your family comin' back for more. Great to make any day of the year. Easy-peasy for the grandkids. A great, little goodie to make with little hands to take home to mommy and daddy.

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, Milk Chocolate or Premier White Morsels
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
  • 16 pretzel rods
  • NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels and/or sprinkles, (optional)
  • Additional NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Morsels for drizzling, (optional)
Directions:

LINE baking sheet with wax paper.

MICROWAVE 1 cup morsels and vegetable shortening in small, dry, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.

DIP pretzel rods about 3 inches into melted morsels, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Sprinkle with morsels or sprinkles. Place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set. Store in airtight container at room temperature. Best when eaten within a few days.

FOR A FANCY DRIZZLE:

MICROWAVE 2 tablespoons of each desired morsel flavor in small, heavy-duty plastic bags on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 30 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag; squeeze to drizzle over already dipped pretzels on baking sheet. Refrigerate and store as directed above.

TIPS:

• Pretzels may be dipped and drizzled in any variety of melted morsels for different looks. For example, dip them in semi-sweet chocolate and drizzle them with melted white morsels. Or dip them in milk chocolate and drizzle them with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
• Above recipe can easily be doubled, but it's not good to be microwaving more than 2 cups (12 ounces) of chips at one time.

13 comments:

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Those look yummy and gorgeous!! Thanks for the recipe!♥ Teresa

bj said...

ummm, I can't wait to try these with the grands. Think we will do some this weekend..thanks so much for the recipe.

The Pink Birdhouse said...

Fantastic recipe, another one that I am copying and saving for my ever growing collection of blog-found recipes! I actually have a book of them now. Yum, this one is great, cuz one of my all time favorite snacks is chocolate and pretzels together! There is a wonderful little chocolate shop near my sister's house that makes their own choc. dipped pretzels and you can not imagine how many times I crave them! :-) Keep these great recipes coming at us, Mimi, I am loving them. Debby

Lisa said...

Cool! Thanks for teh recipe! I love these and just needed the push to make them!
Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow they do look good, and so pretty to display too.
Charlotte

Four Paws and Co said...

Yummm! You've shared some of the most awesome recipes lately! ♥ Diane

Shopgirl said...

The second I saw these wonderful treats, I thought of Christmas. I have a large Christmas eve party and I know the kids will love this.
They look so pretty.
Thank You for sharing...Hugs, mary

Melissa Lester said...

Those look great, and what a pretty presentation! You asked about the buttercream recipe. The margarine sticks in this one gives it a creamier, buttercream flavor that is not overly sweet. My family is so biased to this one they don't care for other recipes. A lot of people make buttercream icing just with shortening, and this gives you a truly white frosting that holds up well but tastes very sugary. My buttercream is off-white before it is tinted because of the margarine. I usually refrigerate the cake/cupcakes when I'm finished decorating just to make sure the icing sets up. But I do recommend this recipe for tasty frosting. I have used this recipe for all the cakes and cupcakes featured on my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

Claudie said...

Hi dear Mimi
I love salt & sweet together. I know me, I won't make them just buy them. If I made them I would eat all of them...and then regret it lol
Happy Thursday Mimi.
It was so nice yesterday, but today is cool and raining....the robins love it... me not so much.
Love
Claudie
xoxoxoxox

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Those pretzels look wonderful! And so easy too...Your blog is lovely...I shall return.

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Abby Lanes said...

Oh my, it can't get any better than that! Thanks for the recipe. We're having a lemonade stand this weekend, and I need some treats to sell. I have a feeling these would be a hit.

Susie Jefferson said...

No, no, no, I am NOT dowloading this recipe! My hips are big enough.. you keep putting all these lovely recipes up for us.... OH NO... just see the pic for the Forgotten Cookies.... there's no hope for me!

Marsha said...

Hi Mimi, just found your blog today and it's lovely! I'm going to try these out for a shower this weekend. Someone else in blogland had a similiar recipe (can't remember at the moment who that was), but I'm going to put your recipes together and come up with something, hopefully. :)