“Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand - and melting like a snowflake.”
- Francis Bacon

Friday, May 15, 2009

♥Pinkie♥ my baby pussy willow & a lil' trash to treasure for PINK SATURDAY

It all began with a dirty, messy, dark, dank hole...but then a little blessing was tucked into its new home. A place for its feet to stretch out little toes and a place for the miracle of new life to take place. My youngest son, Jeff, stopped by after work today to dig a hole for his mom. My back has been killing me ever since I did all the early spring yard cleaning, raking, hauling, shoving and disposing. It was nice to have someone with good strength to dig for me.

I didn't know if I wanted to start or end this Pink Saturday entry with my adorable, precious FRENCH PINK PUSSY WILLOW. A question: What do you give to your mother on Mother's Day who is in love with pink and who has adored pussy willows since she was a little girl? Why, a French Pink Pussy Willow, of course!

A gift from my oldest son, Dave, and his precious family, this little gal arrived from the nursery all set to get snuggled into her new home. I have a confession, for the longest time I couldn't stop stroking the little catkins. They remind me of a tiny kitten's paw...all soft and sweet. One day this new life will be a prominent bush in my yard but right now it is a baby and believe me it will be treated just like a baby, too.

The little puffs are called catkins. Now, how purr-fect is that for someone who has four kitties living in her house? I think next I may have to plant a dogwood just to make my pooches happy and so they won't feel left out or neglected. (Sidenote: Someone asked me what a pink pussy willow looks like. The photos are of my pussy willow and not from the web. Isn't she just the cutest? There aren't many catkins because I have a little baby plant. Just wait until next year, woo-hoo!)
Next in line for show and tell this week are some adorable gift tags that I happened to find, of all places, at my local Dollar Store. Aren't they just sweet and perfect for gifts for those of the feminine persuasion? I bought oodles...they're just too sweet not to have dozens and at a dollar...hey, that's a bargain, for sure.
Gosh, I can't believe that I am beginning to collect vintage baby planters. Maybe it's the color...all pink and soft or all blue and sweet that attracts me. I've been finding them at my Goodwill Store for a dollar a piece, not much to pay for a little memory of the past. I've got a few more but will share them next week. They need ribbons and I need to shop☺

Here she is, my Rosemary JOY! And, no, I didn't make a mistake and capitalize her middle name. It belongs in capital letters because she is so full of happiness and fills my days, and nights, will sheer joy. This little one hasn't missed one day in her eight years to cuddle up with me, purring gently, telling her mom that she's loved by a kitty so purr-ecious.
Pulling up the rear is a close-up of one of my Christmas ornaments. I took this photo months ago and was going to share it at the time but forgot about it. Shame on me! Thought of my pink lady bug this evening and decided that she needed to come to see you since I might forget about her again and never bring her out to share.
If you ♥ pink like I do and you would like to visit some of the prettiest and most adorable blogs in cyberspace, travel on over to Beverly's HOW SWEET THE SOUND. There are over 100 bloggers who have brought our their pink finery just for you!

52 comments:

Claudie said...

Mimi
Thanks so much for the BEST advice so far. You truly are the best.
I also love Pussy Willow's but I have never seen a pink one.
Ladies spend tones of $$$$ of tags like that Mimi. You scored.
Rosemary JOY is precious. I will post some really cute pictures of our precious Sheba now called MAMA very soon. I think you'll enjoy them.
I'm choosing to fight this with all my might.
Thanks again MiMI my friend.
Love You
Claudie
xoxoxo

Four Paws and Co said...

I'm intrigued! What does a pink pussy willow look like when it's grown? Jeff is a sweetheart to come dig the hole for you!

Rosemary JOY is so precious. Please give her a hug for me! Loved the tags & shoe too.

Happy PINK Saturday! ♥ Diane

Linda said...

What sweet pinks! Happy Pink day
Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh Mimi you are fun! I don't know which of your blogs to comment on, they are so lovely. We share the same passions it seems. That is a lovely pink pussy willow with it's soft sweet catkins. I can't sleep tonight, so you are making my insomnia very enjoyable!

KatCollects said...

What a beautiful plant! Rosemary is precious, that is a very sweet picture of her. I will have to look for some tags. I hope you have a beautiful pink Saturday.
Kathy

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Lovely!!! Happy Pink Saturday!!
♥ Teresa

Lisa said...

Beautiful pinks! The kitty is so sweet!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs, Lisa

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Mimi,
Your pinks are scrumptious! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful pink weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Mary said...

I didn't know pussy willows came in pink!!
I love paper goods and just love the tags..dollar store? You scored!
Adorable bootie! Happy Pink Saturday..Mary

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Pink Saturday ~ I hope you have a great weekend ~ Susan

Virginia said...

Lovely pinks! Happy Pink Saturday!!

Sit-N-Chat said...

I will have to look up the pussy willow. Hope it takes off and thrives in your yard. the tags and the planter are perfect. And the ornament is adorable. Love you photos.

Congratulations on a thoughtful son.

Jennifer

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

your pink pussy willow is amazing, what a precious gift to receive from loved ones

I must go to the $ store, your tags are beautiful!

lovely pink post Mimi ~*Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday*~ take care of your back!

Anonymous said...

I haven't ever seen a pink pussy willow! We had white ones when I was younger living in Oklahoma.

Happy PS!

Julie said...

What a beautiful gift for mother's day!
You brought back memories for me. We lived in Wisconsin till I was 13 and then moved to Texas. I remember both of my grandparents having pussy Willows. I love the name of yours!
All your other treasures are precious. Have a wonderful PINK day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mimi, that is the sweetest post - oh I love pussy willows (we also had pussy-toes in Minnesota). And kitties too of course, look how cute your baby is - simply adorable, that's for sure!

TY for visiting me today,

xJ
MaidenShade.wordpress.com

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Everything on this post is wonderful...the kitten of course and the tags are beautiful, but the pink pussywillow...I think I will be on the prowl for one of those. I love pussywillows and have a large one in the garden and a new volunteer that started in the front of the house, but now I will need to find a pink one. Happiest of Pink Saturdays to you.
♥, Susan

Jorgelina said...

What sweet pinks!
Happy Pink Saturday .

KayEllen said...

So pretty Mimi!!
Have a blessed Pink weekend:)

Love the kitty!

Kay Ellen

Shirley said...

What a great post. I love all your selections.

It's raining here in New York too so I'm doing the same as you. Visiting all our pink friends.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

MIMI!!! Your kitty is just too darn cute. I LOVE her.

I'm going to zip to my dollar store to see if I could get some of those tags. How cute are those?

Blessings and smiles,
Spencer

Deb said...

Beautiful Pink Saturday post and adorable cat!

Marina Capano said...

Hi Mim! what a beautiful Pink Saturday post and such a cute cat!
happy pink saturday!

SmilingSally said...

I've never heard of pink pussy willows. How pretty. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Your Pussy Willows are Beautiful but I Loved Rosemary JOY more!! LOL!!

Come on over to my blog... I am having a huge Give Away! !
Hugs,
Marilyn
xxoo

Tara said...

What a fun mix for a pink post! I would have been thrilled to find those beautiful tags, great find!
Sorry to hear your Michigan weather is going to be so icky for you. here in SW Washington, we are finally seeing some sunshine with temps in the low 70's. I think it's going to be GLORIOUS! You have to take what you can get around here.

Happy Pink Saturday and have a great weekend, bad weather aside!

Coco said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Oh the Pussy Willow is so beautiful. First time I have ever seen one pink. It is awesome.
Those gift tags are precious. Almost too pretty to write on. Thank you for sharing your lovely Pinks, Bobbi Jo

Patricia said...

Happy Pink Saturday ! Your tags are just beautiful and I love the ceramic baby shoe. I hope you have a wonderful new week.

Robin said...

All your pinks are so delightful but I love your pink pussywillow.
Have a beautiful weekend.

Denise said...

I LOVE your pink pussy willow. I will definitely have to ask at the nursery to see if they would grow around here. I've always liked them, but never knew they came in pink!

All your pinks are beautiful!! Have a wonderful Pink Saturday!!

Claudia said...

I love your pussy willow - it will look lovely. Your kitty is adorable! What a cutie! Happy Pink Saturday!

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I never knew there were Pink Pussy Willows! I love it. What a great find in those tags. pink hugs, ellen

Vintage Papers said...

Mimi
love your blog and happy Pink Saturday to you..it was raining earlier here in the LP of Michigan...hope it cleared up in the UP :)

Gabriela said...

Love your tags and cat!


~ Gabriela ~

Cathy said...

Hi Mimi,

What a great Pink Saturday post. Love the info on the Pussy Willows and all the great pink stuff. Thanks

xo Cathy

Rhondi said...

I love the pink pussy willow> I've never heard of that but I remember the mystery of pussy wilows as a child, wondering how it could be that soft. What a perfect mother's day gift for you.
Hugs, Rhondi

From the Attic said...

Mimi, those pink pussy willows are just the cutest thing and how cute is little Rosemary JOY all snuggled up. Love those gift tags too. What a great bargain they were.

Chrissie

Melly said...

How gorgeous is your Pussy Willow and the tags that you got are such a bargain hmmm I think I may have to come and visit the US :) your kitty is adorable.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Melly:)

Char said...

Hi Mimi, I just love the softness of pussywillow. Your post today was just gorgeous, all of it, happy pink saturday to you and yours, Char

Dawn said...

Oh My Goodness! I'll have to get me a pink pussy willow plant now! My poor hubby! Happy PS!

alicesg said...

Pussy Willow are favourites during Chinese New Year over here to decorate the home. My two sons brought me out for lunch on mother's day. :) I wish my mom is still around to join me.

Elyse said...

mimi! you found those gift tags at the dollar store?!?! AWESOME!!!

i love all of the pinks you have rounded up!

happy PS 2 U!

xo

Unknown said...

I love pussy willow! That and forsythia tell me it's spring!

Cottage Contessa said...

Lots of pink prettiness in this post, just lovely! Happy Pink Saturday, have a wonderful day!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)

The Wrought Iron Gate said...

Mimi,
I'm thrilled to discover that pussy willows come in pink. What a sweet gift from your son and his family.

The dollar store tags are quite pretty.....but my favorite is Rosemary Joy all curled up on her pink blanket.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Kay

Betty said...

It's still Saturday here! So I'll wish you a happy pink weekend. I read your Sunday post. I'm sorry about your snow. It was 102° here today and it is still 85° right now. I would love to have just a little bit of your snow.

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

I just loved using those little baby's planters, etc for our Dear bebe's room. They are adorable. Love your kitty cat.

Kris said...

Beautiful pink post.

Kris

Betty said...

Rosemary JOY is adorable! I guess pussy willows don't grow here. I remember them from NJ though. Hope you had a nice Pink Saturday!

Deanna said...

Hi Mimi!
Drats, I went to Goodwill and still no teacup and saucer in sight...whare are they??? lol!

I love the nursery planter... want it want it want it- hahahaha. I adore the ones I found for my Pink post. I'm totally in love with them.

¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D

vickie said...

Beautiful pinks, Happy Pink Saturday to you! Rosemary JOY is so cute!

Jeanie said...

Hi, Mimi -- lots of stuff here! First, love your pink pussy willows! Never seen those! And all your pinks! And all the posts on this and your other blog!

Now, where in Northern Michigan are you? Because I'm in Lansing (which was pretty darned cold on Saturday during the art fair, but gorgeous now!) Are you anywhere near Gaylord? That's where I spend lots of time in the summer! Oh! And thanks for stopping by my blog!