There are times when I have the grandchildren over for just an afternoon. If our time is short but I'll be preparing a snack for them, why not make it a little fun and interactive all at the same time? Rummage through your cookie and cake decorations, find some fun goodies, grab a loaf of poofy, soft bread and the peanut butter and jelly. I just know that you and the kids will be able to come up with oodles of fun and giggles making lunch for the kiddo bunch☺
1. SPRINKLES make any peanut butter sandwich stupendous
2. FOOD MARKERS add an artistic touch or a little “hello” to any bread.
3. Use STICKERS holding the wax paper around the sandwich together!
4. Cute SKEWERS or picks of veggies or fruit - check out all the cute bento ones online!
5. Napkin with a little note and “I love you” - our mom always did this and I loved it!
6. Add a little whimsy with the wax paper tied with licorice string
7. Use COOKIE CUTTERS on the sandwich, fruit, cheese and veggies
8. Silicone cupcake molds in different shapes (hearts, flowers, triangles) to hold crackers, fruits and munchies.Summer vacation is just around the corner. Make your sandwiches, grab some lemonade and dine at the picnic table in your backyard. No picnic table? Grab a blanket or two, so after you've polished off your luxurious lunch you can lay back, look at the clouds and make up stories about the shapes that you see. Or play a guessing game of "I spy" outside. Those are the times spent with you that they will remember and cherish long after they too old to have you care for them on a Saturday afternoon.
Things don't have to be expensive when you're with those darling little ones. Having fun in the sunshine makes memories just as endearing as the ones where you spend until your wallet is empty.