- 12 ounces of raspberries, fresh or frozen (you may substitute blueberries, equally yummy)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the raspberries evenly over an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Sprinkle a little granulated sugar (about 1/4 cup) over the top now if you'd like to add a bit of sweetness to the berries.
3. In separate mixing bowl, melt the butter, then mix in the vanilla extract.
4. Mix in the brown sugar, until smooth, creaming it.
5. Add the oats and blend.
6. Slowly add the flour, a little at a time. The mixture will start to get crumbly.
7. Once it is well blended, crumble the mixture over the raspberries in the pan. You want the topping to fall fairly evenly over the berries, but gaps here and there are perfectly fine.
8. Bake for 25 minutes or until the topping is crispy and slightly browned, and the berries are bubbling.
9. Serve. Great with vanilla ice cream or a little whipped cream. I am sinful and pour a bit of half and half into my bowl...YUM!