The blessings that came to mind for me today all deal with convenience in one way or another. My heart is thankful for each of them, and in different ways. All of them make my life just that more easy to navigate each day.
- The internet. Sure you can shop and email and browse blogs and those things are all fun BUT the internet has saved my baking and cooking life more than once. Just this past weekend when Joe and I were making our punkin' donuts I realized that I didn't have any pumpkin pie spice in the house for the batter. So, I hopped on the laptop (sits on the kitchen table), Googled homemade pumpkin pie spice and viola' - there it was to save the day! A little of this and a dab of that and we were on our way to making donuts☺
- USPS package pick up from home. Oh, I ♥ this service, yes, I sure do. Our winter weather is horrible, so being able to order a pickup from my front porch of packages I need to mail makes me feel so special and pampered. Try it - you'll like it, I promise☺
- Full service gas stations. Yes, I have one just around the corner from my house! They wash my windows and fill the tank and I don't have to lift a finger or get all smelly from pumping gas! What a dream from days gone by that still lives on in small towns across America.
- Fruit. Yes, fruit. Right now in my fridge I have oranges, Granny Smith apples and red grapes. What else so cold and sweet and juicy could be so good for you, too. At least once a day I get an urge for something to snack on and those fruits provide the best pick in the house.
- Microwave popcorn. Another one of those snacks that is quick and easy and fairly calorie free, too. Sitting down with chips and a vat of sour cream isn't the best choice for your health; however, popcorn (don't load up on the butter) is a nice snack that gives you the salt and crunch you need when you might be the most vulnerable☺