- Volunteer work. I don't think that there is any task more satisfying than what you do because you believe in what you are doing and why you are doing it. Whether it is planting petunias in the spring to dress up your town park or holding the hands of family members as a Hospice worker when a loved one is leaving this earth; to volunteer your time for a cause or project is a precious gift. You are giving a part of yourself and your time and your heart. Your charity is blessed and so are you by virtue of your self-sacrifice of time and your children are blessed by your good example.
- Thick, warm socks. It's getting much cooler in my neck of the woods. The other day I found myself digging around in my drawer for the wool socks - the thick socks - the socks that make you think you have little blankets wrapped around your toes. It feels so yummy to be in your favorite chair, feet up and rubbing your well clothed tootsies together.
- A good haircut. Nothing in the world to lift your spirits like a good haircut in a salon that you've gone to for years. You chat with friends, catch up on local news and leave the place much happier than when you walked through the door. You look at the mirror and think: Gee, I'm pretty cute...still☺
- A good book. The kind where on a rainy day you can grab your blankie, put on your wool socks, get into your favorite chair (soothing drink by your side) and get lost for a little time - or - a whole afternoon. Then, once read, pass the book along to a friend to spread around the pleasure.
- Hugs. All hugs you give to those you love, or hugs that you receive, are remarkable blessings. The comfortable hugs given by your family and best friends feel like you are being cradled in the arms of love so sincerely that you have no question about your importance in life.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
My goal was to list five blessings each day that I am thankful for during the month of November. I thought that task would be pushing me and stretching me to examine my life to find them. Well, I'm here to tell you that blessings are littered all over my life and my days and my nights. So much so that I am pressed to pick my favorites each evening when I work on my blog. I hope that your life is so filled with goodness that you are experiencing the same problem. One thing that is coming home to roost is that you don't have to have a lot of money to be richly blessed☺