Well, here we are - a week from Thanksgiving. This year certainly has flown by for me - they all do lately. With the ending of this year and the next just around the corner it's a little sad to see one go but I await the New Year with great anticipation, I always do. A new beginning - fresh and bright. Now, on to my list for today.
- Sunshine. We have had a few days strung together filled with sunshine. The weather may be very cold but the sun - well, what is not to like about the sun. When I go outside I close my eyes and lift my face to the sun feeling it's warmth - almost like a loving caress. Hot or cold outside, I love the sun.
- Clouds. White, puffy and billowy clouds that look like cotton balls floating around in the heavens. Not so many that they block the sun, just enough to make the sky look decorated☺
- Gentle breezes. When I am outside a little breeze, the kind that gently moves your hair and the leaves in the trees. They seem to blow around the perfume that is in the air from neighborhood gardens in the summer and the aroma of fall when the leaves turn color. Breezes are a little like nature's potpourri.
- Heavy strong winds. I love those, too. They are powerful and remind me that there are things on this earth that you cannot see - but feel - that are filled with strength: the love a mother has for her child, the character of a good man or woman, the conviction of a pure heart when it fights for what is honorable.
- Winter. A time when the earth takes a rest in order to renew itself so it can burst forth in the spring littering the earth with blossoms and new life. Winter brings with it (up in my neck of the woods) a pristine, white blanket that acts as a buffer against the ravages of our harsh winters. It packs against the foundation of our homes to add insulation. It covers our flower and vegetable beds to give them rest. The snow provides hours of endless play for children and immeasurable happiness for my dogs who think that they have been given the best toy in the world.