- Hamburger Helper. Yes, I know, not the best thing in the world to make or eat, but I am grateful for Hamburger Helper Tomato Basil Pasta. Several months ago my grandsons were over for a p.j. party and just couldn't think of what to cook for supper. Everything I suggested their momma told me that one of the three wasn't all that fond of it. So, in desperation I made Tomato Basil Pasta. Of course, I added a little of this and a little of that to enhance the flavor, but I began with the basic, boxed meal. With the HH, I served cinnamon applesauce with little cinnamon hearts sprinkled on top, garlic bread and green beans. Dessert was jello (cherry and orange) layered in little cups topped with Cool Whip. This is NO joke, each of them told me that it was the best meal ever! WOWZA! Guess what is always in my pantry?☺
- Cold and windy days. Today is one of those northern Michigan days when it looks like the leaves on the ground are falling up. The wind is swirling around, lifting the leaves and chilling the air like crazy. Days like today feel good when I am on the inside looking out and feeling blessed for my warm socks and comfy home.
- Vacuum cleaner. With two dogs and four cats I need a good one! I can't imagine how in the world I would ever be able to keep myself from coughing up hairballs without my Royal. I purchased my vacuum cleaner over 15 years ago and it still works its little ♥ our for me. My loyal Royal☺
- Shop Vac. I ♥ my shop vac! It picks up water. It cleans my car. It sucks up some of the most disgusting, unidentifiable, unknown refuse from the corners of my basement storage area. It picks up dirt without complaining. It cleans my garage. It eats up dog hair and cat clumps with glee. I ♥ my Shop Vac.
- Old socks. A long time ago I read that you shouldn't toss out old socks but repurpose them for dusting and waxing in your home. I'm here to tell you that they are a blessing in disguise! No more trying to adequately clean and dust the rungs/spindles on my dining room chairs or picture frames or glass lamp shades. Just put on your old sock and away you go. Want to get fancy? Spray some wax on your glove and give everything a little shine!
Monday, November 16, 2009