The three grandsons spent the night last night. We do this often because there are times when I need just a few more hugs and a few more kisses and a few more minutes with each of them - more than when their parents are around☺ So, today's list is composed of things that I am thankful for with those little boys in mind:
- Dinner plates in primary colors. I have a set for the boys, along with matching flatware, that is used when I have them here for a meal. They remind me that the world is full of colors, not just the more subtle ones in my home, but loaded with bright hues that make you smile just looking at them!
- Chocolate milk. Little boys ♥ chocolate milk. Not being the mommy or daddy I get to indulge them with something that they don't see often at home.
- Donuts. Covered with frosting and littered with colored sprinkles in the top, the are a great accessory to the chocolate milk in the morning or for a snack at night.
- Eyes that smile. My oldest grandson, Joe, smiles with his eyes. Now that he's getting a little older (11) sometimes it isn't all that cool to smile and giggle like the younger boys but I know when I've said something funny because his eyes smile - and when they smile they twinkle like stars in the midnight sky.
- Cartoons. As a rule, I never, ever watch those anymore. But I now have a new appreciation for sitting in the family room with three little boys who own my heart watching Saturday morning cartoons.